Learner Driver Guide
Learning to drive is a life skill. There's 4 million professional jobs in the UK alone that require a driving licence. It opens the door to greater freedoms and flexibility. Here's some things you should know before you get started on the road.
- 5 things you should know before taking driving lessons
- Applying for your first provisional driving licence
- What to look for when choosing a driving instructor
- How much do driving tests cost?
- The differences between a UK and International drivers licence
- The differences between manual and automatic cars
- Is it easier to pass your driving test in an automatic or manual car?
- The difference between learning to drive in a petrol vs. a diesel car
- Learning to drive in an electric car
- Your first driving lesson
- What to look for in your first car
- Why is coasting so bad?
- What do I do if I lose my driving licence?
- Is it illegal to drive barefoot?
- How to change a flat tyre
- How to check your car’s tyre pressure
- What you need to know about defensive driving
- What are driving gloves?
- Complete guide to the practical driving test
- The top reasons people fail their driving test
- How to claim expenses on a cancelled driving test
- What happens if I fail my driving test?
- How to pass your driving test first time