Fit Like? A bit more about driving lessons in Aberdeen
Aberdeen has a large student population, with two large universities like Robert Gordon and Aberdeen University there are 30,860 students in the city.
Aberdeen is one of the sunniest places in the UK! Aberdeen enjoys an average of 1433 days of sunshine a year, more than Edinburgh and Glasgow. Perfect for those wanting to learn to drive in Aberdeen.
Due to the high latitude in Aberdeen, it can get dark early in winter but light in the summer. In June & July the sun rises at 5am and sets again at 11pm, giving you hours of daylight this is perfect for learning to drive.
Nonetheless, driving tuition in aberdeen is of the highest standard in the country. Once you have your provisional drivers licence - get booked in with a local instructor and get on the road! 🚗 #beepbeep
Aberdeen driving instructors offer several driving courses, like:
How to keep the cost of driving lessons cheap
The best tips to save money whilst learning to drive is to buy bulk lessons. On average the UK learner driver needs 47 hours to pass - plus 22 hours of private practice.
This means, if you calculate the average number of driving lessons needed (47) and the average price of a lesson in Aberdeen (£32) you are looking at £1502.
That is a lot of money - but driving is a skill for life. Having driving tuition will help you gain employment, travel, and create everlasting memories.
Top tips for saving money on driving tuition
- Buy bulk lessons - you can save £££s straight from the fully qualified driving instructor.
- Get in some private practice - Jump in a car with a friend or family. The more time you spend in a car - the faster you pass.
- Keep up your driving lessons - Try and take 2 or 4 lessons per week and don't take time off. You will be a lot more likely to retain information the more often you have lessons.
- Reduce insurance with Pass Plus courses - After you pass your test, if you want to reduce the cost after your driving tuition and driving lessons you can enroll in Pass Plus. Completion of a pass plus course means that you will receive a discount on insurance.
- Intensive Driving Course - Another way to reduce the amount spent on driving courses in Aberdeen is to enroll in Intensive Driving Courses - these mean you get through your lessons faster but usually you spend less overall.
Top tips for driving lessons in Aberdeen
Here are some of the definitive tips for learning to drive in The Granite City.
1. Get on the new city bypass.
The road is beautiful! Get a chance to drive on this smooth piece of concrete and build your confidence. It's great for getting from one side to Aberdeen to the other. A92 is such a incredible drive.
2. North or south Aberdeen test centre
Familiarise yourself with the Aberdeen North or Aberdeen South test centre - which one will you use? Find out from your instructor and become comfortable driving in that location.
3. Get used to the A90
Get used to driving up and down the A90. It's such a common route in Aberdeen and there are tons of roundabouts that you will be driving around there too. Being comfortable driving in this section and taking the exits will definitely benefit you.
4. Use Aberdeen Energy Park
The Aberdeen Energy park is great place to practice maneuvers and to start your driving tuition. You can get comfortable with the clutch control there and ask your instructor / parent / friend their thoughts on learning to drive whilst in the car.
Manual vs. Automatic driving lessons 🤷♀️
We have compiled some advice for picking manual or automatic transmission. Here are the benefits for all.
Manual driving lessons in Aberdeen
Cheaper tuition and cheaper car
You can legally drive manual and automatic cars
You can control vehicle with higher precision.
Automatic driving lesson in Aberdeen
Quicker to learn - fast to route to freedom
Don't have to worry about clutch control or stalling
Electric cars are currently all automatic
Once you pass, your licence is automatic only. An additional test is required in order to allow you to drive a manual.
Why use GoRoadie for your Aberdeen Driving Lessons?
Booking a driving lesson can be stressful and cause anxiety. Booking through GoRoadie means you can view the instructor you are spending hours with - before committing. We are perfect for learners or parents who want to make sure they are booking their ideal driving instructor. So essentially using us to book driving schools in Aberdeen increases peace of mind!
You can easily look at the driving instructors here, see who is right for you with zero pressure. You can read our reviews, look at our vetting process, and essentially book your driving lesson. Before you know it, you will be on the roads in Aberdeen for late night McDonald's and heading up north for the weekend!
- ✅ Compare Aberdeen driving instructors in one place
- ✅ All the driving instructors here in Aberdeen are verified for security
- ✅ View prices, reviews and filter down what you need for your ideal driving lessons.
- ✅ 100s of learner drivers book driving instructors in Aberdeen every month
- ✅ Find the right driving instructor for you, before paying
- ✅ Compare independent driving instructors, or instructors that work for RED Driving School, British School of Motoring (BSM), or AA Driving School.
GoRoadie features driver trainers in Aberdeen and surrounding areas for you to book online.
Aberdeen driving test centre locations
There are two Aberdeen Driving Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) test centres, Aberdeen North and Aberdeen South. Have a look on the maps below to identify which one you should pick for sitting your test.
Tip: Pick the test centre closer to your pickup location.
Aberdeen North Test Centre
Balgownie Road, Bridge of Don
Aberdeen (Cove) South Test Centre
Moss Road, Aberdeen