Sales & Marketing Executive
Remote, Scotland (Preferred) / Marketing / Full-time
GoRoadie is looking for a driven (pun intended) marketing and sales executive interested in advancing their career. You will do this by helping our products to reach the hands of every driving instructor by building a community, creating content, speaking to instructors, hosting events, demoing the products and ultimately giving value and improving instructors’ lives. You will be leading that effort.
GoRoadie is an award-winning technology startup that helps learner drivers search, compare and book their ideal driving instructor. Our mission is to give learner drivers unparalleled choice with confidence and security in order to meet their goal of independence. For driving instructors we are committed to improving their quality of life, saving them time, money and effort.
🚗💨 Hours and days, not weeks and months - We want to work fast, and get results quickly. We also balance speed with quality to ensure our customers love our products.
🙏 People first - Our customers are at the forefront of what we do everyday. This is a great and safe place to do your best work. We push each other to be the best versions of ourselves and treat each other with respect, at all times.
💪 Ownership - You’re responsible for what you put out to our customers. If you have an idea, you run with it. It's okay to take risks as long as we understand what we will learn. You work here because you want to be trusted with autonomy and make a difference.
📈 Share results - We work in a transparent organisation that uses data as to aid our decision making. We set ourselves ambitious targets and we share the results of that and we openly talk about the learnings - what worked and what didn't so that we can improve next time.
📄 Communicate clearly - As we are a remote first organisation, we need to communicate in a clear, specific manner whilst providing the relevant details succinctly. We don't assume the other person has the data or view point that you do.
The role 👩💻
GoRoadie is looking for a driven marketing and sales executive interested in advancing their career. You will do this by helping our products to reach the hands of every driving instructor by building a community, creating content, speaking to instructors, hosting events, demoing the products and ultimately giving value and improving instructors’ lives. You will be leading that effort.
Responsibilities for this role include building a sales pipeline from scratch in markets that we have started to enter, as well as improving our existing, proven acquisition strategies. You will be responsible for moving the needle in terms of the number of driving instructors onboarding onto our products.
The role ultimately is built around expanding usage of our two key products;
GoRoadie.com - helping learner drivers search, compare and book their ideal driving instructor.
GoRoadie Pro - the all-in-one smart diary management tool for instructors giving them hours back per month.
What you will do 🏋️♀️
- Work closely with the founders to build and manage a sales pipeline, directly aimed at growing the number of customers on GoRoadie Pro
- Write content that interests and receives high engagement from driving instructors, posting on instructor-focussed Facebook groups
- Cold call instructors via phone and email daily to educate them on the win-win value proposition of working with GoRoadie
- Help run and manage a webinar series which gives value back to driving instructors
- Share feedback from customers to the CPO and product development team
- As part of a startup, you may have the chance to wear multiple hats and be involved in more than sales and marketing, this could be from product ideation to customer success.
What you’ll need 🙇♂️
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive in a startup environment is critical. This is a new role for GoRoadie so you may have to help us figure out exactly what works and what doesn’t
- 1-3 years in a sales or marketing position with a proven track record
- Ability to quickly learn the ins-and-outs of GoRoadie.com and GoRoadie Pro and how it compares to competing services. You will need to be able to move fast at this early stage startup environment
- Experience or interest in helping create and manage the sales process from the ground up while writing the playbook for our future sales development team
- The drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while constantly looking for ways to improve our process. You love to win, close deals, and blow past targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’re an expert at explaining a value prop in a way that anyone can understand
- Ability to understand client needs and how to respond to unique situations with product knowledge in order to properly qualify them prior to a further sales meeting
- Strong relationship building and referral skills.
Why choose GoRoadie 😎
- By joining as one of the earliest employees, there is enormous opportunity ahead for you to shape your future here
- The salary for this role is £26,000. This will increase as the business grows
- As an early employee, you will receive share options in the business
- There is plenty of room to grow - the sales and marketing team will grow in the next few years and you will be the foundation of that team
- You will work closely with the founders to drive strategy and execute key initiatives
- Benefits include 40 days paid annual leave, unlimited sick days, and pension programme. You will use the latest Apple M1 Macbook Air and since you will be working remotely - we pay £20 / month for your broadband connection
- Here you will achieve results and will have a place to make your mark
- You’ll be joining a sharp, motivated remote team. We meet every day and want to ensure we have fun whilst achieving incredible results.
The hiring process 📅
- 30 minute introductory video call with the founders
- Time for you to research for and prepare a pitch for the GoRoadie service to support a discovery call role play to be given at the next stage
- 90 minute video interview with the founders (CEO and CPO) We will:
- Answer your questions
- Discuss your work history
- Role-play the discovery call
- Dive into the GoRoadie culture
- You will be given the opportunity to set up one to one calls with several of the GoRoadie team to help you assess cultural fit
- Final discussion with the CEO by video or face to face depending on restrictions.
How to apply 💌
Email email@example.com with your name and the role you are most interested in as the subject, e.g. "Lucille Bluth - Sales and Marketing Executive".
Our commitment to diversity 💝
GoRoadie are super passionate about creating a diverse workforce and encourages applications from any race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.